Topic: "Helping Managers Become Coaches"
Speaker: Mary Held
4:15 pm - Doors open for registration
4:30 pm - 6:30 pm - Meeting
6:30 pm - 7:00 pm - Networking
Topics will include:
- The manager as coach – new ethical guidelines and professional standards
- Why organizations train managers to be coaches and create organizational coaching "cultures"
- The value of managers using ICF competencies in coaching situations at work
- Obstacles managers face in using ICF competencies in their role as coaches
- How an external coach can help clients who are managers create awareness and design actions to overcome/respond to these coaching obstacles
Attendees will be able to:
- Help managers apply the ICF coaching approach, guidelines and standards to their role as coaches
- Use active listening to identify and help create managers' awareness of their misconceptions about their role as coach
Help clients who are managers design actions they can take to gain and apply coaching skills effectively
Mary S. Held is president of Mary Held & Associates, LLC, a consulting firm that specializes in helping organizations make the most of their workforce by providing leaders and their teams with coaching, training and consulting to help them achieve sustainable high performance. Mary is a nationally recognized business coach and consultant with over 20 years of leadership and organizational development experience in both large and small private and public sector organizations, including Fortune 100 and Fortune 1000 corporations. Her expertise includes leadership and management coaching and development, team effectiveness, performance management and career development.
Mary takes an active leadership role in the Central Ohio community as a member of the Customer Service Business Advisory Council for Goodwill Columbus and the Board of Directors of the Gahanna Area Chamber of Commerce, where she leads the Workforce Development Committee and serves on the Women in Business Program Committee. She is also an active member of the Mayor's Workforce Development Committee of the City of Gahanna, Association for Talent Development, the Society for Human Resource Management, the Capital City Organizational Development Network, the National Association of Women Business Owners and Women for Economic and Leadership Development.
Mary holds a Masters degree in organizational development from The Ohio State University and a Bachelors degree from The University of Akron. She is a Marshall Goldsmith© Certified Executive Coach and is currently completing the requirements for the Registered Corporate Coach (RCC) certification from the Worldwide Association of Business Coaches (WABC).
*Registrants agree to the ICF Columbus Charter Chapter photography release unless they have otherwise notified the registration table at the meeting.