Speaker: Barb Girson
Topic: The Neuroscience of Conversational Intelligence® (C-IQ): Why Every Word Matters (especially in Our Coaching Conversations)
CEU: 1.0 Core Competency
4:15 pm - 4:30 pm - DOORS OPEN
4:30 pm - 6:30 pm - MEETING
6:30 pm - 7:30 pm - SOCIAL HOUR
*Registrants agree to the ICF Columbus Charter Chapter photography release unless they have otherwise notified the registration table at the meeting.
As Coaches, have you noticed how some important conversations we (or our clients) engage in create a sense of fear, doubt or trepidation, or leave us with a mixture of emotions like distrust, hurt and or anger? What if you could learn how to co-create conversations that foster deeper trust, connection, caring and candor in your business and personal relationships? Conversations and patterns serve to protect us from others or enable us to partner with others.
The Neuroscience of Conversational Intelligence: Why Every Word Matters is an introductory session that invites you to harness the latest developments in the chemistry of language in order to have productive, healthy conversations, even in the most challenging situations! This interactive workshop provides practical, cutting-edge tools to help you frame and sustain powerful conversations by talking about what really matters.
Objectives for the Workshop:
Through a combination of a group exercise, paired activity, and group discussion, you will quickly learn how use one of the most important coaching skills--how to make every word matter and walk away with:
- An introduction to Conversational Intelligence (C-IQ).
- A simple methodology to elevate the quality of trust-building and deeper conversations to help you establish trust and intimacy with your clients.
- A personal experience to feel the power of a C-IQ shift as we actively listen to connect with others. We will transcribe new mind-opening and closing patterns in our brains.
- An understanding of how to paint a picture of mutual success with your clients.
- A practical application and a challenge that activates healthy chemicals- thereby improving our coaching presence and ability to create awareness with our clients.
About Barb Girson
Barb Girson, Sales and Marketing Strategist, Trainer & Registered Corporate Coach™, ICF Credentialed Professional Coach, and proud to be one of the inaugural 250 Coaches worldwide Certified in Conversational Intelligence® (C-IQ). Barb brings over 20 years of experience in speaking, coaching, business consulting, and facilitation. Barb, president, My SalesTactics,LLC, a professional skill development company, and her team help companies, teams, and entrepreneurs gain confidence, get into action, and grow by designing and delivering custom training and executive coaching programs (For organizations, teams, or individuals). www.MySalesTactics.com