Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
March Monthly Meeting 4:30 PM Until 6:30 PM / SOCIAL HOUR (6:30 - 7:30 PM)
Monday, March 11, 2019, 4:30 PM until 6:30 PM
Hyatt Place Worthington
7490 Vantage Dr
Worthington, OH 43235
Registration is recommended
Payment In Advance Or At Event
Topic: 5 Signals That Your Client May Need Referral for Therapy: Strengthening Professionalism with Clear Boundaries of Coaching
Speaker: Jerry Browning
CEU: 1.25 Core Competencies
4:15 pm - 4:30 pm - DOORS OPEN
4:30 pm - 6:30 pm - MEETING
6:30 pm - 7:30 pm - SOCIAL HOUR
With mental health issues escalating today, we must recognize when a coaching client needs referral for therapy. The coaching profession is strong and growing, and as professionals we must continually learn and strengthen our boundaries. These boundaries are defined by the ICF Ethics and Coaching Agreement Core Competencies.
- Understand that professional coach training is not therapy training and know the boundaries for professional coaching to strengthen coaching
- Identify 5 signals that can occur in a client or in the coach as clues for the need of therapy referral
- Learn ways of discussing mental and emotional wellness as necessary
- Expand curiosity to consider establishing your professional network for referrals of all kinds
- Raise awareness to consider creating your ongoing professionalism support group
*Registrants agree to the ICF Columbus Charter Chapter photography release unless they have otherwise notified the registration table at the meeting.